Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Barrel, ammo, or unreasonable expectations?
#3
AT 600 yards, a trial of the 107 Sierra or the 108 Lapua Scenar is entirely reasonable. I shoot the 107 out to 600 in F class matches. I'm trying to find a good 123 AMAX or 130 Barnes VLD load, and I've gotten decent velocity with both, just haven't found the accuracy yet that I want. Factory 123 Hornady loads shoot sub MOA for me, though.

Next, you are shooting a barrel that is essentially rack grade. 2-4 MOA is expected in rack grade barrels, and you are better than that.

Sub MOA barrels are so talked about on the internet because they are actually fairly rare. Shooting a group or two under MOA doesn't make the barrel a sub MOA barrel. Sub MOA barrels shoot sub MOA consistently, group after group. Finding the right load will help do that, but when I see guys exclaiming over the first sub MOA group, it means to me that they need to keep shooting! I have two Satern barrels, both of which have loads that shoot sub MOA, and one of those shoots the 107 into .25 MOA groups regularly. (The shooter is the biggest detriment to that action!) That said, that super accurate barrel would barely do 1 MOA Saturday with a new load shooting 130 VLD's! '

I shoot the 107 over XBR 28.5 grains.

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...light=8208
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Barrel, ammo, or unreasonable expectations? - by tobnpr - 08-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Barrel, ammo, or unreasonable expectations? - by rkflorey - 08-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Barrel, ammo, or unreasonable expectations? - by bwaites - 08-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Barrel, ammo, or unreasonable expectations? - by kamrr4437 - 08-08-2012, 02:47 AM
Barrel, ammo, or unreasonable expectations? - by Grimmy - 08-08-2012, 01:00 PM
Barrel, ammo, or unreasonable expectations? - by Rambozo - 08-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Barrel, ammo, or unreasonable expectations? - by Whelenon - 08-08-2012, 08:40 PM
Barrel, ammo, or unreasonable expectations? - by ss355 - 08-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Barrel, ammo, or unreasonable expectations? - by tobnpr - 08-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Barrel, ammo, or unreasonable expectations? - by ricsmall - 08-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Barrel, ammo, or unreasonable expectations? - by melensdad - 08-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Barrel, ammo, or unreasonable expectations? - by Rambozo - 08-10-2012, 09:09 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)