08-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Bill Alexander Wrote:Your chamber neck is too tight and is probably too short to the transition angle. Your extractor has a sharp section somewhere on the edge.Well when the expert speaks it's good to listen. Played with the extractor (thanks bwaites) but didn't want to scrap it out if I could help it so didn't move enough metal to change anything. Then it dawned on me I have another AR my old faithful Bushmaster 5.56 that never failed me. Swapped extractors and suddenly the Grendel runs with Wolf 120s. The bulge is still there on the spent cases but it cycles fine, while it's a shame to not have brass that can be reloaded more than likely it's good to have the gun cycle the cheapest ammo available. So a big thank you Mr. Alexander for your time and inputs on this. So all this time I was looking at this as one problem when there were / are at least 2.
ps the Bushmaster runs fine with the rejected extractor so now the two ARs are blood brothers.
