07-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Brandon, You have certainly hit the nail on the head! I Don't know why your rifle was not test fired before it was put on the shelf for sale, or at least test fired a rifle in the exact configuration that your rifle was received in. I am no armorer, but it seems to me that using a light weight buffer in a larger/ heavier caliber is not a good combination.
I have looked at the JSE surplus website and they have a few rifles for sale that they call "GUN SMITH SPECIALS" with some problem or other. If this rifle was assembled by their in-house armorer or assembler he should have known that a standard weight buffer and a Carbine Length Gas System just don't jive. Even in a 5.56 this combo can cause issues in FTF's, the very reason Colt began experimenting heavier buffers long ago.
I have looked at the JSE surplus website and they have a few rifles for sale that they call "GUN SMITH SPECIALS" with some problem or other. If this rifle was assembled by their in-house armorer or assembler he should have known that a standard weight buffer and a Carbine Length Gas System just don't jive. Even in a 5.56 this combo can cause issues in FTF's, the very reason Colt began experimenting heavier buffers long ago.
