07-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Just to clarify with my rifle the Wolf ammo wasn’t sticking in the chamber it sometimes fully cycled and ejected (roughly 30% of the time) the other failed to eject with the bolt locked back on the last round with the case laying in the gun loose or smoke stacked. The spent brass has a bulge at the web of the case and the primers are flattened. Seemed to shoot a pretty good group.
The Hornady cycles and ejects flawlessly, both the rifle and ammo function as designed and shoots a good group. Spent brass shows no signs of pressure.
As noted in the title they measure at .2925 at the neck after shot.
If I ever figure out again how to post a picture on this site I’ve finally got a good photo of the two cases side by side. Got it Hornady on left Wolf on the right.
The Hornady cycles and ejects flawlessly, both the rifle and ammo function as designed and shoots a good group. Spent brass shows no signs of pressure.
As noted in the title they measure at .2925 at the neck after shot.
If I ever figure out again how to post a picture on this site I’ve finally got a good photo of the two cases side by side. Got it Hornady on left Wolf on the right.
