07-19-2012, 12:05 PM
I went to a local gun builder yesterday, I had only been there once before. I was surprised to discover that the gun builds hanging on the wall were wearing an MTS type upper, nearly identical to the Mega product except in place of the MEGA logo it was blank. It wasn't smooth blank almost as though it was rubbed away.
Anyway knowing that this gun builder essentially buys parts from manufactuers with their logo on the lowers and assembles them in shop I asked the innocent question:
Hey you build using a monolithic upper but it isn't a MEGA but looks like a MEGA so what gives? Where are you getting these?
He didn't give me an answer instead he chose to play dumb so I mentioned that MEGA was discontinuing the production of the MTS citing legal battles and cost and again pressed for an answer.
He simply looked at me in disgust and stated "I don't believe I am at liberty to tell you where we get the uppers".
I promptly left, the guy couldn't even sale me an extractor spring after that, some "Arsenal"... Hmpfff.
BB
Anyway knowing that this gun builder essentially buys parts from manufactuers with their logo on the lowers and assembles them in shop I asked the innocent question:
Hey you build using a monolithic upper but it isn't a MEGA but looks like a MEGA so what gives? Where are you getting these?
He didn't give me an answer instead he chose to play dumb so I mentioned that MEGA was discontinuing the production of the MTS citing legal battles and cost and again pressed for an answer.
He simply looked at me in disgust and stated "I don't believe I am at liberty to tell you where we get the uppers".
I promptly left, the guy couldn't even sale me an extractor spring after that, some "Arsenal"... Hmpfff.
BB
