07-21-2012, 01:47 AM
Wow Ben, my chamber is .300, and the O.D. of the fired AA brass is .291-.295.... I went through this hell in 08' w/ wolf SP ammo-why was it ever made-sold-- the Dfender extractor upgrade has worked w/ all brass for the last 1 k of shots through the rifle, I recently added an H2 buffer, it seemed to help smooth the gun out a bit- Do you have the std. buffer wt. in the gun? I wish Les baer never got involved in the 6.5 Grr arena- he builds a fine .45-1911 handgun, and some awesome AR's in 5.56-but his whack idea for this chamber is pissing off many people, unfortunately you- and grin are part of the angst against this chamber design. Bill A said a while back--he regretted ever designing a Grr chamber -neck- smaller than .300. I noticed the few that claimed to have an old .295 neck chamber---they never post anymore. Hmmmm.. what does that imply? A Sammi certified Grendel chamber is the way to go, to use this ammo, data. The data that pops up here can be used -( backloaded a grn. or -so) then worked back up with a level of Confidence, the idea is we all have the same chamber., as close as possible. I think it would also help with a few QC issues that unfortunately will show up once in a while- for say-AA.-, Manufacturing anything is a huge effort, and then to Assemble what you purchased from a manufacturer, or 20 -it's a crap shoot some weeks. ( Maybe try an outside neck turn on 1-just for trials sake-??? Squeaky clean the chamber, and the brass . )? If that's to no avail-get it rechambered or get a refund. We look forward to your pig hunt vids w/ 6.5 Grr knockin em down. Good luck.

