07-18-2012, 05:06 PM
I had drawings of monolithic upper receivers that I had come up with in 1999 while attending a certain course at Ft. Bragg. I know several guys saw it. When LMT came out with their MRP, I kinda felt scooped. My design also included a 7.62 version with an enlarged ejection port that could also take a 12 GA conversion.
I wonder if LMT is the one who has sent Mega Arms a cease and desist, even though I can't see how anyone with half a brain would be confused about which product is which.
Whoever it is, will they also litigate the issue with Colt, FN (SCAR) and another smaller company that has a monolithic upper receiver on their staple product?
I know of no AR15 manufacturer that has anything remotely like the Mega Monolithic uppers, since Mega uses a barrel nut and special tool that basically functions in a similar manner to a standard AR15 barrel nut.
I wonder if LMT is the one who has sent Mega Arms a cease and desist, even though I can't see how anyone with half a brain would be confused about which product is which.
Whoever it is, will they also litigate the issue with Colt, FN (SCAR) and another smaller company that has a monolithic upper receiver on their staple product?
I know of no AR15 manufacturer that has anything remotely like the Mega Monolithic uppers, since Mega uses a barrel nut and special tool that basically functions in a similar manner to a standard AR15 barrel nut.
