Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Fluted vs. Not
#1
This discussion has probably happened multiple times on this forum, but honestly I didn't come across it in my search. And yes I was to lazy to search further back then the last several months. haha

So I've been working with Mark at Precision Firearms to build a 6.5 Gr AR around there 24" Neptune V (Five) Lilja upper 1:8 twist. I'm using a billet lower and a Magpul Prs stock to counter act the the heavier, longer upper. I intend to use this build to push the limits of the 6.5 Grendel in an AR platform.

I'm debating on using a fluted barrel as to save some weight.

Has anybody experienced any negative effects of a fluted barrel at longer ranges?
"Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Fluted vs. Not - by cory - 07-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Fluted vs. Not - by bwaites - 07-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Fluted vs. Not - by kamrr4437 - 07-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Fluted vs. Not - by cory - 07-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Fluted vs. Not - by kissmy300blkbrass - 07-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Fluted vs. Not - by stokesrj - 07-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Fluted vs. Not - by mongoosesnipe - 07-17-2012, 07:55 PM
Fluted vs. Not - by kamrr4437 - 07-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Fluted vs. Not - by Mutt - 07-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Fluted vs. Not - by StoneTower - 07-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Fluted vs. Not - by Howitzer - 07-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Fluted vs. Not - by ricsmall - 07-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Fluted vs. Not - by mtn_shooter - 07-19-2012, 02:46 AM
Fluted vs. Not - by stokesrj - 07-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Fluted vs. Not - by Smokepole50 - 07-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Fluted vs. Not - by fanofflyn - 07-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Fluted vs. Not - by Von Gruff - 07-19-2012, 11:20 PM
Fluted vs. Not - by ericv - 07-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Fluted vs. Not - by Opus Dei - 07-20-2012, 12:15 AM
Fluted vs. Not - by fanofflyn - 07-20-2012, 03:52 AM
Fluted vs. Not - by stokesrj - 07-11-2012, 08:33 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)