Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
AA Status
#15
One of the good things about forums and user groups on the internet is they give us a venue to say what's on our mind, seek help from others that share our passions/afflictions/addictions or just plain vent. One of the bad things is the sheer scope of the viewership and how much harm can be done because of it.

From reading and following many of the threads here I've learned the “horde” is made up of a large cross section of individuals, expert to rank novice and every thing in between.

I have had many careers and worn many hats. I am a former Marine, professional photographer, worked on a weekly newspaper catering to motorcycles and racing (Cycle news) sold speed parts, cameras and was a draftsman/mechanical designer and in fact that is what I do now, design cement plants.

I have seen the internet and the constantly improving, evolving technology shape and change ALL of those careers. From film and darkroom to digital and Photo Shop, from drawing board and pencil on paper to ink on mylar and now to powerful work stations running AutoCAD or Solid Works.

We are becoming a people, a nation, a world, becoming accustomed to instant satisfaction. Remember when you had to pull your car off the road to use a payphone to make a call.

The internet has created a market place to satisfy our every need or whim at the click of a mouse button. I worked at one of the Atlanta areas larger specialty outdoor stores in the late 60's early 70's and we had to place orders for goods 3 to 4 months in advance. Most firearms were sold through distributors and a special order took 30 to 90 days. In those days we took what the distributors offered us and had to put together minimum qualifying orders or we would have to order three 6” barreled revolvers to get an airweight Smith.

We have suppliers like Midway, Cabela's and Bass Pro that have huge warehouses with huge inventories and staffed by stock pullers, packers and web engineering staffs that design the websites that make it so easy order from, Customer service or sales staff a phone call away. God I love ordering from these companies and I have gotten spoiled by how quickly I get that box left at my front door by that Brown truck.

I even bought my first Grendel, my 24” overwatch from Midway, everything fell into place they offered a $100 off on orders over $500 and they actually had it in stock.
But let's face it AA isn't Midway. They are a small company with a designer that had a vision and he invested his money, his talent, his time to bring us the Beowolf, and the Grendel. I don't know how many employees Bill has, there are six individuals pictured on the AA site but there is no way they can compete with Midway.

I have called AA on several occasions and, yes it takes a while to get a voice instead of a machine but that is what redial is for. Every time I have gotten through the person I got has been great to deal with and took the time to answer my technical or order status questions.

The last time I called them on 26JUN it took about 5 or 6 tries, I had several questions about their 20” Lightweight upper and after all were answered I placed the order for it and look forward to shooting my second Grendel. I was told when it would probably ship and I will wait at least two weeks after that before I call to check on it but that's my choice. I am willing to wait for a custom quality rifle built to order by the company that created the beast. Said designer that cares enough about the users of his product that he follows this forum and replies to questions about his creation and I have never seen him “flame” anyone that uses this forum to complain or gripe about his company. I am impressed with both the man and his rifle.

My opinion, my vent.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
AA Status - by blackfoot - 07-10-2012, 06:03 PM
AA Status - by bwaites - 07-10-2012, 06:12 PM
AA Status - by Grimmy - 07-10-2012, 07:06 PM
AA Status - by blackfoot - 07-10-2012, 07:52 PM
AA Status - by JDub - 07-10-2012, 08:00 PM
AA Status - by LRRPF52 - 07-10-2012, 08:05 PM
AA Status - by blackfoot - 07-10-2012, 08:32 PM
AA Status - by MrDraco - 07-10-2012, 08:33 PM
AA Status - by bwaites - 07-10-2012, 08:41 PM
AA Status - by LRRPF52 - 07-10-2012, 08:50 PM
AA Status - by blackfoot - 07-10-2012, 08:59 PM
AA Status - by bwaites - 07-10-2012, 09:45 PM
AA Status - by kamrr4437 - 07-10-2012, 10:21 PM
AA Status - by MrDraco - 07-10-2012, 11:42 PM
AA Status - by wheelguner - 07-11-2012, 02:24 AM
AA Status - by PrecisionFirearms - 07-11-2012, 02:58 AM
AA Status - by blackfoot - 07-11-2012, 03:06 AM
AA Status - by PrecisionFirearms - 07-11-2012, 03:10 AM
AA Status - by biodsl - 07-11-2012, 03:30 AM
AA Status - by bwaites - 07-11-2012, 03:30 AM
AA Status - by bwaites - 07-11-2012, 03:32 AM
AA Status - by PrecisionFirearms - 07-11-2012, 03:49 AM
AA Status - by PrecisionFirearms - 07-11-2012, 03:53 AM
AA Status - by blackfoot - 07-11-2012, 03:59 AM
AA Status - by JDub - 07-11-2012, 04:50 AM
AA Status - by JDub - 07-11-2012, 09:14 AM
AA Status - by Drifter - 07-11-2012, 10:14 AM
AA Status - by Grimmy - 07-11-2012, 11:20 AM
AA Status - by Grimmy - 07-11-2012, 11:24 AM
AA Status - by JDub - 07-11-2012, 03:59 PM
AA Status - by MrDraco - 07-15-2012, 02:27 AM
AA Status - by LRRPF52 - 07-15-2012, 12:18 PM
AA Status - by cory - 07-20-2012, 09:37 PM
AA Status - by kamrr4437 - 07-20-2012, 10:24 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)