Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Elk with the Grendel
#14
The bull I took with a lung shot would have just as easily been taken with a Grendel. I waited 5 minutes as he showed me his back, grazing vertically up a hillside across from me. Though I was prepared, equipped and capable for a spine-shot, I chose to wait for a better shot. When he finally turned, I put a Sierra 165 through his lungs at 361 yards with a 7mm Weatherby Mag. For me, here lies the Grendel question: If I'm a conservative shot-taker anyway, why not carry a Grendel? My answer so far is 'comfort zone.' Now, if I'm out deer hunting with a Grendel ... see a decent shot on a beautiful bull ... and have an elk tag ... yes.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Elk with the Grendel - by Ed janowicz - 05-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by Variable - 05-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by JohnOD - 05-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by mongoosesnipe - 05-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by bwaites - 05-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by mongoosesnipe - 05-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Elk with the Grendel - by fanofflyn - 05-24-2012, 12:45 AM
Elk with the Grendel - by Ed janowicz - 05-24-2012, 01:49 AM
Elk with the Grendel - by LRRPF52 - 05-24-2012, 05:03 AM
Elk with the Grendel - by MKN574 - 05-26-2012, 01:39 AM
Elk with the Grendel - by Tikka - 07-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by stokesrj - 07-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by LRRPF52 - 07-05-2012, 05:36 AM
Elk with the Grendel - by Schwag173 - 07-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by Colorado - 07-14-2012, 10:55 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by Charlie Whiskey - 12-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by LRRPF52 - 12-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by Charlie Whiskey - 12-12-2012, 01:55 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)