Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Elk with the Grendel
#13
I love that video. With some of the velocities guys are getting with CFE223 and the 129gr SST out of the Grendel, like Bwild97's data shows, we're extending the effective range of the Grendel a bit, but that is from a 24" rifle too.

I'm going to load up some 129 SST's on top of CFE223 when I get back, and see what it does out of my little 16" Grendel. Combined with a PRI 6.8 mag, I think we're looking at a winner.

Update: When I measured my max COAL in my existing Grendel mags, I found that I can load to over 2.300", so no need for 6.8 mags from PRI. No need for the 129gr SST either now that we have the 123gr SST on the way.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Elk with the Grendel - by Ed janowicz - 05-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by Variable - 05-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by JohnOD - 05-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by mongoosesnipe - 05-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by bwaites - 05-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by mongoosesnipe - 05-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Elk with the Grendel - by fanofflyn - 05-24-2012, 12:45 AM
Elk with the Grendel - by Ed janowicz - 05-24-2012, 01:49 AM
Elk with the Grendel - by LRRPF52 - 05-24-2012, 05:03 AM
Elk with the Grendel - by MKN574 - 05-26-2012, 01:39 AM
Elk with the Grendel - by Tikka - 07-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by stokesrj - 07-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by LRRPF52 - 07-05-2012, 05:36 AM
Elk with the Grendel - by Schwag173 - 07-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by Colorado - 07-14-2012, 10:55 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by Charlie Whiskey - 12-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by LRRPF52 - 12-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Elk with the Grendel - by Charlie Whiskey - 12-12-2012, 01:55 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)