Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Got her put together....
#18
bwaites Wrote:I don't necessarily disagree with you on the copper issue, I'm just not sure its a problem. Copper and bronze make great bearing surfaces. Bronze last longer because its harder, but billions of bronze bushings have been made. I really am starting to believe that copper in the barrel is not a bad thing. It took about 10-20 shots for my 7mm WSM to settle down after a complete barrel cleaning with the whole copper out idea. That leads me to believe that the copper in there was a good thing. I shot it about 3-400 times between copper cleanings, and it stayed accurate until it had something like 1500+ rounds down the tube, which is more than I was told to expect. Now I clean it with some type of carbon remover, and move on. I have a brand new barrel on the WSM, so I'll see how that idea works pretty soon! No copper cleaning and we'll see.

The only reason that I stated copper welding as a bad thing is because of the lands and groves. Over time this can and will present a problem. Now I have heard of a process that can take care of that. IIRC it has to do with a certain type of powder that has small amounts of glass in it. I thought it took a min of 20 or so shots to fully coat your barrel though I can not be completely certain. I can ask my co worker who knows just what it is and get back to everyone if you all like.

A320
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Got her put together.... - by Outsider - 06-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Got her put together.... - by A320PYLT - 06-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Got her put together.... - by ricsmall - 06-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Got her put together.... - by Outsider - 06-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Got her put together.... - by Outsider - 06-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Got her put together.... - by A320PYLT - 06-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Got her put together.... - by Outsider - 06-26-2012, 06:10 PM
Got her put together.... - by bwaites - 06-26-2012, 06:25 PM
Got her put together.... - by bwaites - 06-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Got her put together.... - by txgunner00 - 06-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Got her put together.... - by Outsider - 06-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Got her put together.... - by bwaites - 06-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Got her put together.... - by A320PYLT - 06-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Got her put together.... - by txgunner00 - 06-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Got her put together.... - by bwaites - 06-26-2012, 09:25 PM
Got her put together.... - by fkleinbu - 06-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Got her put together.... - by ricsmall - 06-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Got her put together.... - by A320PYLT - 06-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Got her put together.... - by Opus Dei - 06-27-2012, 12:38 AM
Got her put together.... - by Outsider - 06-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Got her put together.... - by txgunner00 - 06-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Got her put together.... - by rickOshay - 06-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Got her put together.... - by bwaites - 06-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Got her put together.... - by BjornF16 - 06-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Got her put together.... - by Bwild97 - 06-28-2012, 12:45 AM
Got her put together.... - by A320PYLT - 06-28-2012, 12:45 AM
Got her put together.... - by Outsider - 06-28-2012, 01:04 AM
Got her put together.... - by BjornF16 - 06-28-2012, 01:05 AM
Got her put together.... - by Variable - 06-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Got her put together.... - by Outsider - 06-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Got her put together.... - by fkleinbu - 06-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Got her put together.... - by fkleinbu - 06-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Got her put together.... - by Grimmy - 06-28-2012, 01:29 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)