Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Got her put together....
#15
A320PYLT Wrote:My only issue is that every time you shoot its like welding small amounts of copper to the inside of your barrel. Now I will lightly clean after inspecting a brand new fresh from the store barrel to ensure that there are no burrs or other small particles in there.

I used to clean after every outing, I have since stopped that to some extend. I dont scrub the inside of my barrel because that wire brush can do damage. I run it thru there twice then use the cloth and then a very light amount of oil. Now this may be right or wrong but when I look down my barrels with a light they look clean and that makes me feel good about it.

A320

I don't necessarily disagree with you on the copper issue, I'm just not sure its a problem. Copper and bronze make great bearing surfaces. Bronze last longer because its harder, but billions of bronze bushings have been made. I really am starting to believe that copper in the barrel is not a bad thing. It took about 10-20 shots for my 7mm WSM to settle down after a complete barrel cleaning with the whole copper out idea. That leads me to believe that the copper in there was a good thing. I shot it about 3-400 times between copper cleanings, and it stayed accurate until it had something like 1500+ rounds down the tube, which is more than I was told to expect. Now I clean it with some type of carbon remover, and move on. I have a brand new barrel on the WSM, so I'll see how that idea works pretty soon! No copper cleaning and we'll see.
”You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Got her put together.... - by Outsider - 06-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Got her put together.... - by A320PYLT - 06-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Got her put together.... - by ricsmall - 06-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Got her put together.... - by Outsider - 06-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Got her put together.... - by Outsider - 06-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Got her put together.... - by A320PYLT - 06-26-2012, 05:28 PM
Got her put together.... - by Outsider - 06-26-2012, 06:10 PM
Got her put together.... - by bwaites - 06-26-2012, 06:25 PM
Got her put together.... - by bwaites - 06-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Got her put together.... - by txgunner00 - 06-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Got her put together.... - by Outsider - 06-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Got her put together.... - by bwaites - 06-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Got her put together.... - by A320PYLT - 06-26-2012, 08:26 PM
Got her put together.... - by txgunner00 - 06-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Got her put together.... - by bwaites - 06-26-2012, 09:25 PM
Got her put together.... - by fkleinbu - 06-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Got her put together.... - by ricsmall - 06-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Got her put together.... - by A320PYLT - 06-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Got her put together.... - by Opus Dei - 06-27-2012, 12:38 AM
Got her put together.... - by Outsider - 06-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Got her put together.... - by txgunner00 - 06-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Got her put together.... - by rickOshay - 06-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Got her put together.... - by bwaites - 06-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Got her put together.... - by BjornF16 - 06-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Got her put together.... - by Bwild97 - 06-28-2012, 12:45 AM
Got her put together.... - by A320PYLT - 06-28-2012, 12:45 AM
Got her put together.... - by Outsider - 06-28-2012, 01:04 AM
Got her put together.... - by BjornF16 - 06-28-2012, 01:05 AM
Got her put together.... - by Variable - 06-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Got her put together.... - by Outsider - 06-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Got her put together.... - by fkleinbu - 06-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Got her put together.... - by fkleinbu - 06-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Got her put together.... - by Grimmy - 06-28-2012, 01:29 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)