Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
View of the terrain I'll be taking my Grendel
#14
Thanks all - I'll answer what I can/know...

Blaster will be an SAOD 20" "Hunter" upper pared with with a Rainier lower (MOE grip, VLTOR IMOD, Timmney 4lb drop-in). As for glass I have an IOR 2-12X32 on the way which will be mounted in a Bobro 35mm mount - Andy is amazing and I'll post more when it all gets put together.

Teaser: L->R Sabre M4, LMT MWS and the Grendel...

[Image: ARs.jpg]

Ammo - right now I'm limited to Hornady factory 123GR A-Max but will have a local shop help me work up some loads with my new (arrived today) Hornady LnL-AP using Barnes 100 and 120 grain TSX.

I have no intention of engaging beyond 400 meters until I'm good enough beyond that with the ammo/optic/rifle.

I'm still working on a rangefinder but it will be either a Leica 7x24 CRF 1600-B or Zeiss 8x26 Victory Rangefinder. It all depends if I can sell my TA01NSN ;-)

Climate: I p/u a Bibler 2-man 4 season tent today and have a a Kifaru pack and sleep system on order. Regarding fitness, this stuff is featherlight compared to issue gear. Humping an M4 wearing full kit/combat load up to 8K feet where my profile pic was taken was a grueling eye opener....

Alaska... there are no words to accurately or appropriately describe this place. If relocating here isn't an option, at the very least plan a vacation. The terrain/topography killed any desire I had to visit New Zealand. Today in the Mat-Su Valley it was a blistering 73 degrees. The culture is a bit odd: mix between foolish granola eating sandal wearers (Tim Treadwell) and the rustic, self sufficient folks we Southerner's believe we are. I was sitting in the Carl's Jr' parking lot a few hours ago in downtown Anchorage an a 300lb heart attack waiting to happen climbed out of his Dodge Ram with a hand-cannon strapped to his chest and waddled inside w/o a care in the world...
Reply


Messages In This Thread
View of the terrain I'll be taking my Grendel - by feetpiece - 06-19-2012, 07:07 AM
View of the terrain I'll be taking my Grendel - by feetpiece - 06-19-2012, 07:09 AM
View of the terrain I'll be taking my Grendel - by ss355 - 06-19-2012, 02:43 PM
View of the terrain I'll be taking my Grendel - by stokesrj - 06-19-2012, 03:41 PM
View of the terrain I'll be taking my Grendel - by LRRPF52 - 06-19-2012, 07:23 PM
View of the terrain I'll be taking my Grendel - by Azprc - 06-19-2012, 09:12 PM
View of the terrain I'll be taking my Grendel - by Armored Transport - 06-19-2012, 10:45 PM
View of the terrain I'll be taking my Grendel - by jwilson1985 - 06-19-2012, 11:30 PM
View of the terrain I'll be taking my Grendel - by Bwild97 - 06-20-2012, 01:02 AM
View of the terrain I'll be taking my Grendel - by wiuprof - 06-20-2012, 01:59 AM
View of the terrain I'll be taking my Grendel - by ChellieWiles - 06-20-2012, 02:05 AM
View of the terrain I'll be taking my Grendel - by feetpiece - 06-20-2012, 07:37 AM
View of the terrain I'll be taking my Grendel - by blackfoot - 06-22-2012, 05:20 AM
View of the terrain I'll be taking my Grendel - by feetpiece - 06-22-2012, 07:16 PM
View of the terrain I'll be taking my Grendel - by blackfoot - 06-22-2012, 10:23 PM
View of the terrain I'll be taking my Grendel - by ricsmall - 06-22-2012, 10:29 PM
View of the terrain I'll be taking my Grendel - by razor - 06-29-2012, 09:53 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)