Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Can you swap a 6.5 upper with a 5.56 and interchange them anytime you please?
#8
You can interchange ALMOST any upper & lower combination. Certain Colt AR's have larger front & rear pins than the rest of the AR world. You can even interchange those but you need a bushing or adaptor to make them work. I believe Colt is the only one to have done that.
You may find slight differences in the fit but they work. I also found that my grendel mags worked much better in one lower than the other. My grendel 26rd mags don't feed very well from the lower I choose to have it on right now. They worked fine in my other lower but I want it on this lower so compromise time!
MLM
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Can you swap a 6.5 upper with a 5.56 and interchange them anytime you please? - by mlmiller1 - 06-19-2012, 12:59 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)