06-19-2012, 02:29 AM
LRRPF52 Wrote:I bet the same thing is happening with AA. Their suppliers tell them 4-6 weeks, and that seems to have been running as advertised, until some other major order, machine overhaul, etc. caused a glitch, and everything gets pushed back.
This is why machine shops don't want anybody else to know who they are, since the are swamped with orders around the clock already. Since nobody makes everything in-house, everyone is hostage to the market, and the market is hungry right now. Nobody can predict the future, and there is a lot of uncertainty based on the political season, plus economic woes. There is value in $1000 invested in an AR15 that will last a few lifetimes, while those $1000 might only be good for keeping warm or cleaning your gluteal fold from cholera-infested liquiblast excrement next summer, as you huddle in the rubble you once knew as your home. That's how people are looking at it.
Nobody is getting jerked around-it may feel like that, but everyone has that feeling when it comes to sourcing parts right now.
I'm going to second LRRPF52. You may not have been aware of the firearms market in late 2008 through 2009, but I remember it vividly. EVERYTHING was hard to find and overpriced if you found it. This year may well turn out as bad or worse. I skipped the first local gun show immediately after the election because the line to get in the door was hours long. It's starting early this year based on fear that Obama will be re-elected.
I'm hoping that the day after the election will be awash in stockpiled AR parts up for sale because the candidate who is the LEAST anti-gun won the election.
But, no, you aren't being jerked around. Everyone is depending on someone else to supply SOMETHING. It's unfortunate, but it's reality.
Will
