06-18-2012, 02:38 AM
Well,
Got that Zeiss in the mail. It's no frills. standard flat black. It does have capped un-numbered turrets, but they can easily be zeroed by lifting and turning to zero. There is a fat line with an arrow in the zero spot. When I took it from 100 to 200, the turrets did dail to what they should when I dailed for zero. The clicks were really solid and the turrets were not sloppy in the least bit. The glass is absolutely FANTASTIC. I'm not much for 3-9 x 40's, but the superb glass does tend to make up for some of the "missing" magnification. All in all, it will make a fantastic hunting scope. I hit the bull with my 7mm twice from 200. Didn't shoot for groups since the pencil barrel on my 7mm heats up fast and shoots crap for groups.
Got that Zeiss in the mail. It's no frills. standard flat black. It does have capped un-numbered turrets, but they can easily be zeroed by lifting and turning to zero. There is a fat line with an arrow in the zero spot. When I took it from 100 to 200, the turrets did dail to what they should when I dailed for zero. The clicks were really solid and the turrets were not sloppy in the least bit. The glass is absolutely FANTASTIC. I'm not much for 3-9 x 40's, but the superb glass does tend to make up for some of the "missing" magnification. All in all, it will make a fantastic hunting scope. I hit the bull with my 7mm twice from 200. Didn't shoot for groups since the pencil barrel on my 7mm heats up fast and shoots crap for groups.
