Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Probably controversial and not first time
#21
As I've understood barrel break-in, you can start it any time, with the progressive rounds/cleaning regimen. As long as the freebore isn't burned out, it will work the same whether there's been 1000 rounds or none through it. With that in mind, I usually just start shooting my barrels. If they shoot better than I can, I don't worry about it. If I see them fall off in accuracy, then I will clean it thoroughly, and start a barrel break-in if I need to. Most of the time, I didn't need to. That could be due to my inadequate shooting skills, but then, it works for me at my level.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Probably controversial and not first time - by ccole3 - 06-07-2012, 01:56 AM
Probably controversial and not first time - by hm2 clark - 06-07-2012, 02:53 AM
Probably controversial and not first time - by jhulsey - 06-07-2012, 03:57 AM
Probably controversial and not first time - by LRRPF52 - 06-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Probably controversial and not first time - by Opus Dei - 06-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Probably controversial and not first time - by jhulsey - 06-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Probably controversial and not first time - by ccole3 - 06-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Probably controversial and not first time - by LRRPF52 - 06-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Probably controversial and not first time - by jhulsey - 06-08-2012, 01:33 AM
Probably controversial and not first time - by jeff1383 - 06-08-2012, 02:48 AM
Probably controversial and not first time - by jwilson1985 - 06-08-2012, 04:31 AM
Probably controversial and not first time - by MrSurgicalPrecision - 06-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Probably controversial and not first time - by ccole3 - 06-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Probably controversial and not first time - by Mutt - 06-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Probably controversial and not first time - by rdsii64 - 06-11-2012, 03:04 AM
Probably controversial and not first time - by jeff1383 - 06-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Probably controversial and not first time - by ccole3 - 06-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Probably controversial and not first time - by jeff1383 - 06-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Probably controversial and not first time - by fanofflyn - 06-15-2012, 02:51 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)