Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
any favorites out there for a light varmint bullet?
#2
I've bought several light bullets and have shot a few in my 16" Shaw barrel. Most accurate for me have been 100 grain Nosler BT and Sierra 100 grain JHP. I've also shot 95 V-max and 85 grain Sierra JHP. I've loaded some 90 grain TNT but haven't shot any for groups. I want to try some 100 grain A-Max but just been to busy. The best price for accuracy was the 100 grain Sierra Varmint JHP then 95 grain V-Max. Most accurate was 100 grain Nosler BT in 100 grains in that weight. I shot some 100 & 120 grain Nosler BT into water filled plastic jugs and I don't think the 100 grain Nosler BT will be very fur friendly and kind of pricey for Prairie dogs.

No proof but any of these bullets look like they'd be great for Varmints if you weren't interested in pelts.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
any favorites out there for a light varmint bullet? - by VASCAR2 - 06-10-2012, 07:23 PM
any favorites out there for a light varmint bullet? - by Pbfreak199 - 07-21-2012, 05:56 AM
any favorites out there for a light varmint bullet? - by Lead Chucker - 09-02-2012, 04:51 PM
any favorites out there for a light varmint bullet? - by hobbesgunner - 09-17-2012, 07:22 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)