Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Private ranges
#19
Thanks for the discussion.. When planning things out, it is possible to overlook things - especially new technology..

I know venting is very important for several reasons.. Since the Shooting shack will only be used a few times a month, the venting will also keep moisture from building up and leading to mold..

Since I am an early riser, I suspect I will open the shack in the early morning hours to begin the day's shooting activity vs. coming into it in the afternoon.. This should help in reducing the load on the A/C unit to bring the shack down to comfortable range..

For the really cold days, a simple space heater should be all I need.. Those who live here will attest, cold days for us are those days where it doesn't warm up to the low 40's.. The plumbers are kept very busy during those rare years where we have a week below freezing, from broken water lines..

My initial thought was to use some of the corrugated tin I have for the roof; one less thing to have to buy.. But since you mention it, white shingles would probably be better in the long run.. And since the shack is to be about 8x12, we are not talking about a lot of money since the roof is small..

I will also look into the bubble wrap insulation - is sounds very interesting.. In my buddies house, we used 4x8 foam sheet with a reflective film to the OSB of the roof.. The idea is to then put R30 insulation..

For the shack, I was going to do something similar, but put the R30 on the ceiling rather than to the rafters as we are doing in my buddies house to accommodate the vaulted ceiling..

The first step for now though is to get a floor in place.. It will make sliding the stool much easier..

As far as my shooting goes, I just need to practice shouldering a rifle.. I lost vision in my right eye a few years back and I am having to learn to shoot all over again.. A couple of weekends ago I was out with painless - my Rem 700 VS.. I shot one 5 round group and then had to put it away because I just couldn't get comfortable with the rifle on my left side.. I was just wasting ammo..

Flk k
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Private ranges - by fkleinbu - 06-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Private ranges - by stokesrj - 06-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Private ranges - by fkleinbu - 06-04-2012, 11:49 PM
Private ranges - by stokesrj - 06-05-2012, 12:49 AM
Private ranges - by Drifter - 06-05-2012, 02:23 AM
Private ranges - by Variable - 06-05-2012, 04:14 AM
Private ranges - by Variable - 06-05-2012, 04:27 AM
Private ranges - by fkleinbu - 06-05-2012, 04:31 AM
Private ranges - by fkleinbu - 06-05-2012, 04:38 AM
Private ranges - by stokesrj - 06-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Private ranges - by fkleinbu - 06-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Private ranges - by fkleinbu - 06-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Private ranges - by fkleinbu - 06-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Private ranges - by fkleinbu - 06-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Private ranges - by Drifter - 06-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Private ranges - by fkleinbu - 06-06-2012, 02:43 AM
Private ranges - by stokesrj - 06-06-2012, 03:16 AM
Private ranges - by jkingrph - 06-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Private ranges - by fkleinbu - 06-10-2012, 02:35 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)