Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
bore brush??
#3
Redraider Wrote:Hi,

New guy here, bear with me. What bore brushes sre you using to clean the 6.5 Grendel? Any other tricks I need to know about?

Thanks

Redraider

RR:

I don't think anyone makes a .264" bore brush so get a .270" brush. Bronze is always the way to go. Before buying, make sure the threads fit your cleaning rod.

I normally use a used .308 brush as mine are GI issue and the civilian bore brushes don't seem to last as long.

I will hose the bore brush out with carb cleaner after use. This way, your bore cleaner won't dissolve the brush and will clean it at the same time.

I also use a bore snake periodically when I don't have the time to pull out rods and brushes. I wouldn't recommend a bore snake all the time as it won't clean as well as the rod / wet patches / wet brush / wet patches / dry patches / carb cleaner routine.

LR1955
Reply


Messages In This Thread
bore brush?? - by Redraider - 06-09-2012, 04:11 PM
bore brush?? - by mongoosesnipe - 06-09-2012, 04:37 PM
bore brush?? - by LR1955 - 06-09-2012, 07:43 PM
bore brush?? - by mongoosesnipe - 06-09-2012, 07:58 PM
bore brush?? - by Redraider - 06-09-2012, 08:34 PM
bore brush?? - by Drifter - 06-09-2012, 08:34 PM
bore brush?? - by stokesrj - 06-09-2012, 09:58 PM
bore brush?? - by LR1955 - 06-09-2012, 10:50 PM
bore brush?? - by Michael - 06-10-2012, 12:50 AM
bore brush?? - by mongoosesnipe - 06-10-2012, 04:56 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)