Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Unwrapping my SAOD 20" Upper
#1
Hi all, Like many here I became very impatient with the wait times on just barrels/bolts and took the plunge an SAOD 20" Hunter Upper. I ordered it on 27 May and it arrived at the post office on 5 June - mail can be a bit slow up here. The overall fit/finish is outstanding and all of the parts appear to be top shelf although I have no idea who supplied the components. The F/A carrier was a pleasant surprise but it won't work with my sear blocked 6601 lower so I caved and ordered a complete lower from Rainier Arms which should be here in a few days. The finish on the carrier and the staking looks just like my M4A1 when it was brand new. I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to polishing contact surfaces and will be doing this in the coming days prior to her first range trip. I'm not a fan of either the H/G or the gas block and will be swapping them out eventually for a either a PRI or Lancer extended length vented L/W hand-guard since I'll be using this as a hunting rig. The barrel appears to have a slight taper and I mean slight behind the gas block which narrows in front, flaring at the muzzle like an older M249 barrel. Needless to say she's got a bit of heft but is balanced well compared to my issued carbine which is a brick with everything we slap on the rails. The only glass I've got is a Trijicon TriPower and TAO1NSN and am trying to decide between a couple of IOR's (1.5-8 or 2-12) the SWFA SS1-6X14HD or an Accupoint. Fortunately I found a local source of 123gr A-Max for $20 so I'll be able to feed her until my press/dies get here. So without further adieu:

The box:

[Image: DSC01079.jpg]

[Image: DSC01080.jpg]

[Image: DSC01081.jpg]

[Image: DSC01082.jpg]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Unwrapping my SAOD 20" Upper - by feetpiece - 06-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Unwrapping my SAOD 20" Upper - by feetpiece - 06-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Unwrapping my SAOD 20" Upper - by feetpiece - 06-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Unwrapping my SAOD 20" Upper - by feetpiece - 06-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Unwrapping my SAOD 20" Upper - by VASCAR2 - 06-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Unwrapping my SAOD 20" Upper - by feetpiece - 06-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Unwrapping my SAOD 20" Upper - by feetpiece - 06-09-2012, 07:43 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)