06-09-2012, 03:18 AM
LRRPF52 Wrote:I was just speaking with the guys from Lapua at a Wilderness Expo here in Finland, and one of them has a Sako 85 chambered in Grendel, with a varmint profile barrel. I did a major double-take when he said he's getting 940 m/s (3084fps) with the 123gr Scenar using N550. I made sure I understood him correctly as I took out the calculator function in my phone. They said it was a 600mm barrel, which is 23.6" long.Wow!!!! I'd like to see the pressure trace from a pierzo on that! That is a max load in my 6.5x47 Lapua - with 38.x gn of AR2208 (Varget).
I asked if he was using a longer COAL, and he said he's uing the Lapua load manual recommended COAL.
I thought I was pushing it with a 108gn Scenar at that speed.
If you could ask him very nicely for some boltgun loads I would certainly appreciate it.
