Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Probably controversial and not first time
#1
Just want to get some more opinions. I am new to a lot of things here. I have my first Grendel in a 24" SS bull barell, which is also my first stainless and first bull barrel. Currently it has 3 rounds fired and has been cleaned once. You can prob see where this is going... Opinions on "barrel break in"? It's been hand lapped which just by logic I would think should bypass and "break in" procedure or am I missing something? I tend to feel that as many people suggest to clean after every shot, then every three, five, etc, would do more harm than good. What actually breaks in by doing this. If its hand lapped and all burrs removed, then what is different in a new barrel that would require more frequent cleaning than normal? Like I stated earlier I am new to this so any suggestions or factual input would greatly be appreciated.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Probably controversial and not first time - by ccole3 - 06-07-2012, 01:56 AM
Probably controversial and not first time - by hm2 clark - 06-07-2012, 02:53 AM
Probably controversial and not first time - by jhulsey - 06-07-2012, 03:57 AM
Probably controversial and not first time - by LRRPF52 - 06-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Probably controversial and not first time - by Opus Dei - 06-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Probably controversial and not first time - by jhulsey - 06-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Probably controversial and not first time - by ccole3 - 06-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Probably controversial and not first time - by LRRPF52 - 06-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Probably controversial and not first time - by jhulsey - 06-08-2012, 01:33 AM
Probably controversial and not first time - by jeff1383 - 06-08-2012, 02:48 AM
Probably controversial and not first time - by jwilson1985 - 06-08-2012, 04:31 AM
Probably controversial and not first time - by MrSurgicalPrecision - 06-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Probably controversial and not first time - by ccole3 - 06-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Probably controversial and not first time - by Mutt - 06-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Probably controversial and not first time - by rdsii64 - 06-11-2012, 03:04 AM
Probably controversial and not first time - by jeff1383 - 06-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Probably controversial and not first time - by ccole3 - 06-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Probably controversial and not first time - by jeff1383 - 06-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Probably controversial and not first time - by fanofflyn - 06-15-2012, 02:51 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)