06-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Drifter Wrote:With the right optics and targets, spotting hits is easy at the distances mentioned (<150 yds) without the use of cams or video. Targets should have no more black than necessary to get consistent holds, as white shows holes much better.
Using a 15x scope, I use this target at 100 yards:
[snip links]
Rarely is there a hit that can't be spotted with these.
Basically, I would move the target cam down the priority list for your stated distances.
It isnt so much not being able to see a hit.. Besides, my target rifles have 20x power scopes.. It has to do with not coming off of the rest to look through the spotting scope.. With the cam's and the DVR, I can record a shooting session, and then go back and review each shot later..
Quote:On another note, I'm not a fan of a roof over a shooting bench due to increased noise and concussion. I would lean more towards a removable canvas tarp for shade (or "party tent" of some sort), which shouldn't bounce the sound back at the shooter too much. Perhaps inexpensive box fans instead of air-conditioning to help deal with the heat.
VERY GOOD POINT!! Especially with muzzle braked rifles.. And this isn't completely worked out on paper.. The plan is to have the bench in such a way the barrel is actually outside.. May need a bit of the sound deadening foam..
Flk k
