Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
why keep the 5.56 ???
#11
Mattw Wrote:I am actually building my first 5.56 right now and I already own a Grendel. 12 week wait on LAR Grizzly OPS-4 side charging upper though, been 3 weeks so far, just hope it is worth the wait. Reason I am building the 5.56 is the time cost I will be getting rid of. I hand load for the Grendel so money cost is not the issue but time reloading all the rounds I shoot is. I caught Cabela's a few weeks back with a 5.56 bulk sale and picked up 300 rounds of Federal 62Gr for $90. I know I shouldn't buy ammo before I even know what my barrel will like but that is just a starter pack to get me out to the range and blasting away without the thought of spending another couple minutes reloading every time a shell hits the ground. Now, that can easily be shot in a few hours at the range but leaving there knowing I don't have to spend about 10 hours in the reloading room is going to be amazing. 5.56 to make it rain, 6.5 Grendel to bring the pain.
Agreed. While I don't have near the cash available that I used to have, time is far shorter. I hate to reload, and only do it when I have to. A case of 5.56 is pretty attractive for blaasting time.Big Grin

5.56 = bulk training and duty ammo (I wish it was Grendel but I can dream until then.LOL!!!)

6.5 Grendel = I personally intend to kill something, and I really mean it this time.Big Grin
Reply


Messages In This Thread
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by JoeBama - 05-22-2012, 10:07 PM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by ttrmike - 05-22-2012, 10:16 PM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by ericv - 05-22-2012, 10:19 PM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by JoeBama - 05-22-2012, 10:23 PM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by Brag - 05-22-2012, 11:03 PM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by feetpiece - 05-23-2012, 12:37 AM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by rickOshay - 05-23-2012, 01:06 AM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by JoeBama - 05-23-2012, 01:17 AM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by Mattw - 05-23-2012, 04:03 AM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by rickOshay - 05-23-2012, 04:49 AM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by Variable - 05-23-2012, 05:19 AM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by mongoosesnipe - 05-23-2012, 05:36 AM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by Grimmy - 05-23-2012, 10:53 AM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by JASmith - 05-23-2012, 03:33 PM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by HuXXXford - 05-23-2012, 04:54 PM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by LRRPF52 - 05-23-2012, 06:17 PM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by Deezil - 05-23-2012, 08:40 PM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by LRRPF52 - 05-24-2012, 05:20 AM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by Sgt 45 - 05-24-2012, 10:05 PM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by rasp65 - 05-25-2012, 03:18 PM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by davidj - 05-25-2012, 04:18 PM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by Clod Stomper - 05-26-2012, 02:40 AM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by hm2 clark - 05-28-2012, 01:59 AM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by LRRPF52 - 05-28-2012, 02:10 AM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by txgunner00 - 05-28-2012, 05:31 AM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by kalvin17_ - 05-28-2012, 06:05 AM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by DHumbarger - 06-02-2012, 01:11 PM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by JASmith - 06-02-2012, 01:47 PM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by bwaites - 06-02-2012, 03:34 PM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by JASmith - 06-02-2012, 03:38 PM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by Variable - 06-02-2012, 11:21 PM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by wulkyrie - 06-03-2012, 01:57 PM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by yellowfin - 06-04-2012, 04:22 PM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by rdsii64 - 06-12-2012, 07:47 AM
why keep the 5.56 ??? - by Mutt - 06-18-2012, 02:43 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)