Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Will a JT 6.5 upper fit my colt government A2 lower.
#3
Variable Wrote:I think you are confusing takedown pins with hammer and trigger pins. Measure the diameter of your Colt lower's Front takedown pin. If it is .315" then you have a large takedown pin lower, and will need an adapter. If it is .25", then you have the standard dimension and are good to go for compatibility with other brands.

The .170" dimension you referenced is actually for large diameter Colt hammer and trigger pins (which are actually .169" IIRC, but I'm too lazy to go mic them). This will have no affect on upper/lower compatibility though. The standard diameter for hammer and trigger pins (called small pin in the Colt camp) is .154".

Ill check that. Thanks for the info. I really want to start shooting the Grendel. I have plenty of open range to shoot some distance here in Montana. I was getting worried I would need another whole gun. I'm looking at the JT bull bbl 20" for 644$. Any experience with this set up?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Will a JT 6.5 upper fit my colt government A2 lower. - by Ymf - 05-18-2012, 06:48 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)