12-27-2023, 03:52 PM
Kurtis Wrote:I have mixed feelings about the Spike Camp on a hunting rifle. The pistol grip is great to shoot on the bench. However, in a hunting situation, you have to take your hand completely off the grip to flip the safety off. Not a big dealÂ…but something to think about. Also, the bottom of the stock in the area of the floor plate is kind of squared off. For me, it makes it mildly uncomfortable to carry for long periods of time. The edges could have a little more radius. Other than that, the quality and fit and finish is top notch. I opened up the area for the action with a dremel and epoxy bedded it. Very solid now.
I have the Boyd's Thumbhole on several toys. They seem to have an affinity for squared or semisquared corners in all the wrong places. First was an At-One on my Howa Grrr. Squared edge in stock grip area just under a thumb joint - a bit of arthritis in that joint and it became a very painful experience. Dremel fixed a lot of that nut I felt like I shouldn't have had ot do it.

