Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Gun show observations
#8
fkleinbu Wrote:But what I thought was really odd, there was only one AR barrel nut in the whole show.. I am replacing a DPMS free float hand guard on my 11.5" AR pistol with a Samson free float hand guard, and I need the standard barrel nut for the Samson tube.. The nut was the main reason I went down to the show today.. I was sure it would be a no brainer to find one as there normally are several dealers at the San Antonio show who sell AR parts.. As expected at today’s show, about 10 people were selling AR parts, with about 5 or 6 carrying really complete selections.. Yet I was very lucky I was able to find the one I did.. And it was from a guy who had only a few dozen AR parts, very near the last row of tables at the show..

I found AR parts selection so hit or miss that I quit trying at shows. Then found that I could get just about anything from Rock River for cheaper than Delton at shows, and I think it's better consistency. (I'm not a fan of Delton, and found you can get better than DPMS for less money)

I've also found this to be true of reloading components & ammo. I can nearly always order in and beat the price even with shipping. And don't have to listen to tall tales by sellers!

Don't mean to sound jaded, but I really find the nature of the shows and many vendors to have changed.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Gun show observations - by fkleinbu - 05-06-2012, 02:47 AM
Gun show observations - by LRRPF52 - 05-06-2012, 03:20 AM
Gun show observations - by usmc1371 - 05-06-2012, 03:31 AM
Gun show observations - by fkleinbu - 05-06-2012, 03:42 AM
Gun show observations - by Variable - 05-06-2012, 06:56 AM
Gun show observations - by COTNTOP - 05-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Gun show observations - by Drifter - 05-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Gun show observations - by pinzgauer - 05-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Gun show observations - by turbotech - 05-07-2012, 03:28 AM
Gun show observations - by hobbesgunner - 05-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Gun show observations - by fkleinbu - 05-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Gun show observations - by turbotech - 05-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Gun show observations - by LRRPF52 - 05-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Gun show observations - by phillaf - 05-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Gun show observations - by fkleinbu - 05-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Gun show observations - by LRRPF52 - 05-09-2012, 05:46 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)