Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Generally how many shots do you get from your brass
#39
Klem, the factory ammo was where the problem raised its ugly head. I bought a bunch of Hornady factory 123 gr SSTs and paid way too much. The idea was that I’d have plenty of brass for reload purposes, so that justified the overpayment. When I had 50 empty cases, I reloaded them (no annealing at that point). The cases, 49 out of 50, split at the necks and sometimes split where the case neck joins the case body. Worse splits I had ever seen. I just put it down to bad Hornady brass and bought some Starline and Lapua. And here we are. Something isn’t right. If the bushing dies don’t fix the problem, I’ll be asking you guys for advice on a new barrel. I’d want a light barrel with excellent accuracy.

All the other Hornady fired brass has been annealed and bagged for later testing.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Generally how many shots do you get from your brass - by 603Country - 09-03-2023, 09:37 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)