08-21-2023, 12:18 PM
SDguy Wrote:I did not wish to suggest any more than necessary, Whidden was amongst the more likely die makers I was thinking of who may have offered such a service. Needless to say, sounds like you have no regrets over this purchase. Do you use this form die for one rifle only, or are there other rifles you reload for as well?
I do use it for several rifles. Some of them were made by the same guy who also makes his own barrels so you can see that the chambers would be cut with the same reamer and to the same standards.
The problem with the die was that it was neck sizing only. I recall calling them after I got the dies and I think they made me a body die too so I could size the entire case.
Understand that I went this way ONLY because Lee makes such a lousy Grendel die set. No other company was making dies.
When Redding came out with their Grendel dies with neck bushings, I bought a set of them and have been using them since. Sizing the body and neck at the same time saves a step.
Oh yes, am also convinced that the Dillon Case Lube I use is part of the success in long brass life.
Annealing can be avoided for the life of the brass if a guy uses the right size sizing die with good brass, decent lube, has a good chamber, and doesn't hot load the Grendel.
LR-55
