08-20-2023, 01:47 PM
LR1955 Wrote:SDG:
What Fess said about the sizing dies using neck bushings.
Grendel owners went around a lot before die companies started making any Grendel dies, let along bushing dies. Lee Grendel dies must be the worse dies for the Grendel made but they were the only ones making any. I had some and got rid of them. No other company made any Grendel dies so I went to a custom die company who made me some really nice Grendel dies with the sizer taking neck bushings. These bushings were cut for the neck and shoulder which made bumping the brass much more effective and efficient.
Redding got on board and then other companies. Some with and some without neck bushing capability. So a guy has more choices today.
LR-55
Sounds like your Experience has been more pleasant than most with your custom dies. Thanks for sharing.
Mind if I ask, Did the Custom die company Request fired cases, or just work off Sami prints to make your dies?

