Broke an extractor
#20
Interesting. I recently bought a heavy barreled 20 inch upper in Grendel with the original plan being to rebarrel to 6ARC if it didn't shoot. Well I have run 200 rounds through it since new, cleaned the barrel thoroughly before shooting it. I never took the bolt apart or cleaned much of the heavy sticky oil BCA uses out of it. Barrel is beautiful, not even noticeable fouling. Zero copper fouling! Bolt has gotten a bit dry and fouling was as expected. I removed the extractor to remove the O-ring and take a look at it to radius as recommended. No Oring found. Extractor already radiused and looks polished. So all is good.Load used is 120 gr. Barnes Matchburner powered by 29.5 grains of BLC2 popped with a Federal 205 primer. Accuracy and function have been excellent. Well I was taking the bolt apart as I typed this and lo and behold the gas key is loose! The bolts are "staked" but only enough to keep them from backing out.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Broke an extractor - by rickt300 - 06-07-2022, 01:08 AM
Broke an extractor - by rickt300 - 06-07-2022, 01:33 AM
Broke an extractor - by grayfox - 06-07-2022, 01:43 AM
Broke an extractor - by StoneHendge - 06-07-2022, 02:17 AM
Broke an extractor - by LRRPF52 - 06-11-2022, 06:40 PM
Broke an extractor - by rickt300 - 06-11-2022, 08:36 PM
Broke an extractor - by Double Naught Spy - 06-12-2022, 02:00 AM
Broke an extractor - by rickt300 - 08-04-2022, 01:27 AM
Broke an extractor - by rickt300 - 08-11-2022, 09:56 PM
Broke an extractor - by BluntForceTrauma - 08-13-2022, 03:34 AM
Broke an extractor - by LRRPF52 - 08-13-2022, 05:55 PM
Broke an extractor - by SDW - 08-17-2022, 06:50 PM
Broke an extractor - by rickt300 - 03-27-2023, 04:41 PM
Broke an extractor - by grayfox - 03-27-2023, 06:23 PM
Broke an extractor - by LRRPF52 - 03-27-2023, 06:57 PM
Broke an extractor - by tdbru - 03-29-2023, 02:38 AM
Broke an extractor - by montana - 03-29-2023, 01:57 PM
Broke an extractor - by tdbru - 04-04-2023, 04:58 AM
Broke an extractor - by montana - 04-04-2023, 05:50 AM
Broke an extractor - by rickt300 - 07-09-2023, 04:43 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)