Most of us shoot 5000... inches.
I think annealing would have avoided that neck cracking and you would have a little more brass now. I'm on reload 15+ with zero losses (minus 1... my fault though, not a split neck) and anneal every firing. Per case it adds exactly 6 seconds to the reloading time (this includes the wait.. annealing time is only 1.86 seconds)
Lapua brass is 2 things right now. Hard to find and expensive. I don't doubt you can get more than the average life out of them by just running them until failure, but I also believe life can be extended further by annealing, thus my cost per shot goes down over time.
I think annealing would have avoided that neck cracking and you would have a little more brass now. I'm on reload 15+ with zero losses (minus 1... my fault though, not a split neck) and anneal every firing. Per case it adds exactly 6 seconds to the reloading time (this includes the wait.. annealing time is only 1.86 seconds)
Lapua brass is 2 things right now. Hard to find and expensive. I don't doubt you can get more than the average life out of them by just running them until failure, but I also believe life can be extended further by annealing, thus my cost per shot goes down over time.

