Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Nosler Bullet Choice - Deer Hunting
#27
LRRPF52 Wrote:This is what I got with the 100gr Nosler Ballistic Tip from my AA 16” barrel back in 2009-2010.

Case: Lapua unfired
Primer Rem 7 1/2
Powder: 8208 XBR
Bullet: 100gr Nosler BT
COL: 2.245”

29.0 2523fps
29.2 2540
29.6 2568
29.8 2629
30.0 2584
30.2 2641
30.4 2675

Hodgdon’s data shows 30.8gr Compressed for their max load, generating 47,600psi under the 100gr NBT at 2.200” COL.

I can't find any 8208 XBR. I ran some Benchmark loads today with the 125 Partition. I only had a short amount of time, but up to 25.5 grains of Benchmark, the rifle would not cycle.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Nosler Bullet Choice - Deer Hunting - by grayfox - 05-01-2023, 02:08 PM
Nosler Bullet Choice - Deer Hunting - by LRRPF52 - 05-01-2023, 05:56 PM
Nosler Bullet Choice - Deer Hunting - by muvef - 05-02-2023, 08:48 AM
Nosler Bullet Choice - Deer Hunting - by gldprimr - 05-02-2023, 06:20 PM
Nosler Bullet Choice - Deer Hunting - by VASCAR2 - 05-03-2023, 02:56 PM
Nosler Bullet Choice - Deer Hunting - by gldprimr - 05-04-2023, 06:26 PM
Nosler Bullet Choice - Deer Hunting - by LRRPF52 - 05-06-2023, 05:32 PM
Nosler Bullet Choice - Deer Hunting - by USAF Retired - 05-07-2023, 01:33 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)