05-01-2023, 05:56 PM
USAF Retired Wrote:I am finally loading for my Grendel. PSA Upper and Stag lower. This is for deer hunting. I have in stock - 120 grain Ballistic Tip, 120 grain E-Tip and 125 grain Partition. Looking at expansion, the Ballistic Tip wins out. However, I would like a pass through for tracking, and that leaves the Partition and the E-Tip. Thinking the Partition is maybe the good go between? Use the Ballistic Tip for Coyotes and maybe save the E-Tip for the Creedmoor?
Any real world experience out there? Expert opinion?
You nailed exactly what I would do with those choices.
E-Tip likes faster impact velocities to get expansion performance.
120gr Ballistic Tip has been successfully used in a lot of deer harvesting. JD Jones used that as his preferred deer bullet in 6.5 Grendel.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
