02-27-2023, 02:58 AM
The OP never asked about the economics of reloading. All he wanted was what was decent gear to get started. That info, and more, was supplied. Ive been reloading since the late 70s and really got into gear around 1980. Up until I got the Grendel, I hadnt bought a factory round for 40 years. I was shocked at the cost of Grendel ammo. Ill keep reloading. And I shoot a lot, so dont want to have to buy factory ammo.
My sisters youngest boy called me the other day and said he had bought a 257 Weatherby but no ammo yet. Then he found the cost was $5 a round for factory ammo. Shoulda called me before he bought that gun. I think he was hoping Id reload some ammo for him. If he buys all the bits and pieces hell need, I will show him how to reload. He can use my gear. Bullets, primers, and powder are obtainable, but whatll the brass cost. I wonder. Still ought to beat $5 a round.
My sisters youngest boy called me the other day and said he had bought a 257 Weatherby but no ammo yet. Then he found the cost was $5 a round for factory ammo. Shoulda called me before he bought that gun. I think he was hoping Id reload some ammo for him. If he buys all the bits and pieces hell need, I will show him how to reload. He can use my gear. Bullets, primers, and powder are obtainable, but whatll the brass cost. I wonder. Still ought to beat $5 a round.

