01-06-2023, 02:41 PM
Over the decades, my barrel cleaning approach has changed several times. As of now, Ill clean out the carbon when the groups start opening up (and Im sure it isnt my fault). Mostly I leave the copper alone unless removing carbon fouling doesnt get me back to where I want to be on accuracy. Each rifle is different. My 220 Swift fouls quickest. The 260, with a cut rifled and hand lapped bore, never seems to foul. The AR in 223 will eventually foul, and the grandkids and I run a lot of ammo through it before I think it needs a cleaning. The AR in 6.5 Grendel has a few hundred rounds through it, and hasnt been cleaned yet and shows no signs of needing it. Every gun is different, and from reading this thread, every owner is a bit different regarding cleaning.
I have developed an affection for cut rifled barrels.
I have developed an affection for cut rifled barrels.

