Help… my Grendel pistol isn’t accurate
#26
In my experience, a decent barrel fitted to a decent upper, good trigger, and a decent optic should work (others stated the same thing).

I have had nothing but good luck with Odin Works barrels. I've fitted up a half dozen at least but I haven't used one in 6.5 Grendel. For the last couple years I've used stainless steel shim stock to fit the barrels to the uppers. If you use an upper that is known to be snug then you're ahead already (BCM, AA, JP are some examples). I always use a heat gun on the upper to help the fit up. The barrels have to be tapped out after I'm done. I buy the SS shim stock from McMaster-Carr in a roll (I have a box of .001" and .0015").

I've switched to Triggertech Adaptable triggers for everything I own but there are so many good triggers out there that work fine. I haven't used one of the LaRue triggers but wouldn't fault that part.

Can't wrap my head around the backwards mount and I'm not familiar with that optic at all. Flip that mount back around and adjust the scope for eye relief (so we don't have a seizure here). I don't see how the backwards mount is hurting accuracy though but a bad scope can hurt you.

Of all the stuff you've mentioned I'd look at the barrel fitted up tight, scope, then make sure nothing is touching that tight barrel, and hold that gun when shooting it.

These little guns can shoot very well in my experience so don't rule yourself out here. I do not shoot an AR like I shoot my benchrest rifles and I don't even shoot them at the same time (two different critters). I can and do use little contact shooting heavy boltguns but this will cause an AR to not be a happy gun. It can turn a MOA capable rifle into a 2-3 MOA gun.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Help… my Grendel pistol isn’t accurate - by DHD - 11-21-2022, 03:09 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)