04-26-2012, 01:29 PM
hm2 clark Wrote:I dont think that that its fair here in the 2nd decade of the 21 century to critise the the AK for being old, and embelish the AR for being new tech. The AR is 1950s tech after all. Part of the whole Grendel thing is trying to move really OLD rifle rifle ideas into somthing like the modern area. If I like the the AK its partaly because (like the 1911) it is old and still does the job. If I like the AR, its for the same reasons.
I agree with what you are saying but the AK47 wasn't designed with ergonomics high on the list, at least not as high as economics. That's why, in my poinion, as AR based designs improve and proliferate, AK based designs are loosing favor. I have had several AK's myself and love shooting them, but I would still go to battle with an AR over an AK given the choice.

