Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Do I have a neck tension problem??
#5
I use a RCBS case mouth deburring and chamfering tool which helps in seating bullets. It really helps to chamfer the mouth when seating flat base bullets. The only down side with to much bullet tension might be crushing the shoulder of the case or deforming the case mouth when seating bullets. On many military rifle cartridges the bullets have an asphalt sealant to keep the bullet from moving when being fed in semi autos. The sealant also helps seal the cartridge from moisture or other contaminants.


Personally I’m more concerned about bullets jammed into the lands than the tension on the bullets. Jamming bullets into the lands can spike pressure and pull bullets from the case when trying to extract a live round. I found 29 grains of TAC loaded behind a 95 grain V-Max was not a good thing dumped into the action of my AR-15. I had seated the V-Max to long and it was stuck in the chamber. Mortaring pulled the case, dumped the powder and left the bullet stuck in the barrel. I’ve only made that mistake once, but once was enough.


The RCBS tools seem to be out of stock but here is a link to Hornady’s deburring tool.

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/i...eburr-tool
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Do I have a neck tension problem?? - by PaulieV - 09-02-2022, 12:56 PM
Do I have a neck tension problem?? - by SCJim - 09-02-2022, 02:31 PM
Do I have a neck tension problem?? - by Klem - 09-02-2022, 03:25 PM
Do I have a neck tension problem?? - by VASCAR2 - 09-02-2022, 03:26 PM
Do I have a neck tension problem?? - by SCJim - 09-02-2022, 04:36 PM
Do I have a neck tension problem?? - by GREYBUFF - 09-02-2022, 10:00 PM
Do I have a neck tension problem?? - by PaulieV - 09-03-2022, 07:44 AM
Do I have a neck tension problem?? - by SCJim - 09-03-2022, 02:53 PM
Do I have a neck tension problem?? - by kmon - 09-03-2022, 06:10 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)