Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Do I have a neck tension problem??
#2
Are you happy with your groups. Do you damage your bullets when seating?

I personally size all my brass to a ID of .002-.003 below bullet diameter but as long as you are not damaging the bullet with your current setup then go for it. In Modern Advancements in Long Range Shooting Vol. 2, chapter 6 Bryan Litz found .003 to be optimum neck tension for .223, .243. and .308 so I just run with it for everything. If you want to expand your necks a bit 21st Century https://21stcenturyinnovation.com/ has a great line of expander mandrels and the die needed.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Do I have a neck tension problem?? - by PaulieV - 09-02-2022, 12:56 PM
Do I have a neck tension problem?? - by SCJim - 09-02-2022, 02:31 PM
Do I have a neck tension problem?? - by Klem - 09-02-2022, 03:25 PM
Do I have a neck tension problem?? - by VASCAR2 - 09-02-2022, 03:26 PM
Do I have a neck tension problem?? - by SCJim - 09-02-2022, 04:36 PM
Do I have a neck tension problem?? - by GREYBUFF - 09-02-2022, 10:00 PM
Do I have a neck tension problem?? - by PaulieV - 09-03-2022, 07:44 AM
Do I have a neck tension problem?? - by SCJim - 09-03-2022, 02:53 PM
Do I have a neck tension problem?? - by kmon - 09-03-2022, 06:10 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)