Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Electronic Powder Dispenser/Dropper options
#16
Still using my Lyman 55 powder measures. Got my first one in the early '70s & a couple more were given to me later on. Each one had been dedicated to a specific cartridge for when I was shooting 3 gun. One was for .45 ACP, one for .223 Rem/5.56mm NATO & one for .308 WIN/7.62mm NATO. Now that I'm not doing 3 gun anymore, the two I'd been using for the rifle cartridges have been my measures for my Grendel & 6mm ARC reloads. Lyman 55's work better with ball powders but I never had too much of a problem with extruded powders. I set them to throw a load close to my target weight & then trickle it up to what I want.

My scale is a made in China digital jewelry scale with an accuracy of .02grains. The brand name on it is "Tree." Seems like a pretty good scale so far -- after two years of use. Used a GemPro 250 over 10 years when it started going haywire on me. It would weigh the first 20 or so loads OK but then it would start drifting both up & down several grains without ever settling. If I shut it off & let it set awhile, it would still drift when powered up again. To get it back where it would be OK for the first 20 loads, it would have to be off several days. Been using a Frankford Arsenal digital pocket scale for weighing fire forming loads.
I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Electronic Powder Dispenser/Dropper options - by Old Bob - 08-24-2022, 07:54 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)