08-24-2022, 11:47 AM
Very good discussion, I've appreciated reading it. Here's a couple thoughts for future consideration.
1. Your current load doesn't really have enough velocity or energy to shoot 400 yards. You need about 2550 fps mv to have 1000 fpe at 400 yards. Also 1900+ fps is required on target to initiate expansion.
2. As has been stated Leverevolution gives the highest velocity of any powder I know. It is temp sensitive though.
3. Metal magazines like the AR Stoner allow you to load out to a COAL of 3.100".
1. Your current load doesn't really have enough velocity or energy to shoot 400 yards. You need about 2550 fps mv to have 1000 fpe at 400 yards. Also 1900+ fps is required on target to initiate expansion.
2. As has been stated Leverevolution gives the highest velocity of any powder I know. It is temp sensitive though.
3. Metal magazines like the AR Stoner allow you to load out to a COAL of 3.100".

