08-24-2022, 02:38 AM
VASCAR2 Wrote:If factory Hornady Black ELD-M 6.5 Grendel ammo shoots well in your 6.5 Grendel Id use it for hunting if you have any. The ELD-M has been used effectively in the 6.5 Grendel as well as the 123 grain A-Max. My only concern using an ELD-M or A-Max is at very close range with high velocity. The ELD-M/AMAX do not have a bonded core and at close range with high velocity they shed weight which can limit penetration.
There are many threads where the factory Hornady 123 grain ELD-M/AMAX have taken medium size game.
I thought about it and it was my backup plan, as I do have a few boxes of the black. My quibble is that as I sneak up to my overwatch spot there are several spots where they could be bedded down. If I bump into the herd as I am creeping up to my spot, I might have a very short range shot in a hurry. I also want to use an actual hunting bullet since I have some. Since I got very good accuracy with 2400FPS, I think it will do what I need it to with the SSTs and H335. Hopefully I get a chance to find out.

