Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Charge Difference between Lapua and Hornady brass.
#17
grendelnubi Wrote:For me;

Hornady fired brass holds 36.1 grains of H20 @1.517"
Lupua fired brass holds 36.3 grains of H20 at 1.508 inches
Starline holds 36.3 grains of H20 @ 1.51 inches.
.

Thank you very much for this excellent data. Traditionally Hornady brass tends to be more normal "US Spec" thickness and case capacity in most calibers I've looked at, while Lapua tends to be much more "European spec" of notably heavier brass, and so notably smaller case capacity. This is particuarly true I've seen in 6.5 CM. To see that it's the revers here, in 6.5 Grendel, is unexpected and good to know.

Just MHO, but I personally consider Hornady the base-line benchmark of 6.5 Grendel brass. It runs well, never seems to Kaboom fail, and is also one of the most common. I also tend to view Hornady as the manufactuer who seems to take 6.5Grendel the most seriously.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Charge Difference between Lapua and Hornady brass. - by lazyengineer - 08-18-2022, 02:13 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)