08-17-2022, 06:10 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2022, 06:16 PM by colbyshoots.)
StoneHendge Wrote:I've used TAC in Grendel for a practice load from 60° into the mid 90s. It was well behaved with temps for the most part until I got into the mid 90s and accuracy crapped out. Pressure wasn't an issue since it was a mild load but accuracy got so bad I thought I had a scope or mount problem. I have found that every ball powder I've tried has a steepening temp/velocity curve once it hits the mid 90s. I have no experience with TAC at cooler temps, though.
I've never used it, but a Kestrel with the ballistics program does enable you to build a temp/velocity curve if you have one and want to get that deep.
Have you found a G7 BC for the 120 MB yet? I used it for practice for a while and the G1 didn't work very well past 500 yards. I searched for a G7 but couldn't find one. I stopped using it because the price differential between the 123 Scenar (my match bullet in both Grendel and Creedmoor) became less than a dime at the time.
This is from their site:
BULLET STYLE:
MATCH BURNER BOAT TAIL
ROUNDS PER BOX:100
BOXES PER CASE:10
BOX UPC:71687626401 8
BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT:0.46
SECTIONAL DENSITY:0.245966155
I'm not sure how .46 corelates to the G1/G7 scales. I bought these when 6.5 projectiles were few and far between.
Edited to add for comparison: Hornady ELDM 120 gr. has a G1 BC @ .486

