08-16-2022, 03:09 PM
Grt is easier for me to use, I will admit.
One tweak I did after reading some was for the grr to use a siebert factor of 0.45. but I also play with the volume, adjusting it in a "calibration" mode for a "known" book load, usually winds up being a higher volume than the list value for MV/pressure to come into line. I figure also (just a theory) that powders and lots vary so for my lot, adjusting the volume to make pressure/MV/charge load more or less agree, is an acceptable tweak to make it useful. I agree it is a fairly useful tool as an estimate. The barrel response to the load is the final judge however.
One tweak I did after reading some was for the grr to use a siebert factor of 0.45. but I also play with the volume, adjusting it in a "calibration" mode for a "known" book load, usually winds up being a higher volume than the list value for MV/pressure to come into line. I figure also (just a theory) that powders and lots vary so for my lot, adjusting the volume to make pressure/MV/charge load more or less agree, is an acceptable tweak to make it useful. I agree it is a fairly useful tool as an estimate. The barrel response to the load is the final judge however.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

