You should be able to work up to 31gr of LEVERevolution under a 120gr Scenar-L, provided you dont have an unusually-short chamber.
Ive done a bit of work with 123gr SST and 129gr SST with that powder and went much higher than what youve done.
LEVERevolution is one of the most forgiving powders for 120-130gr class cup and core bullets in 6.5 Grendel.
Your barrel length and gas system length should allow optimum balance between velocity and gas system timing.
I noticed kind of erratic and excursion-like readings once I got over 31.0gr under the 123gr SST, with departures from the trend in velocity relative to charge weight.
22 barrel
Federal brass 1x fired
1.208 headspace to datum line on mid shoulder
Rem 7.5 SRPs
LEVERevolution
COL 2.250
60 degrees F
29.8gr 2453fps
30.1gr 2465
30.4gr 2499
30.7gr 2517
31.0gr 2534
31.3gr 2596 (I would not produce these loads based on what I saw initially.)
31.6gr 2608
31.9gr 2605
32.2gr 2658
Notice the 62fps jump from 31.0 to 31.3gr. This was just a single pressure ladder to check the safety range and establish a trend line base with that bullet/brass/primer/COL combo.
If I were to test it some more, I would extend the COL out longer and probably wouldnt load past 31.2gr.
I have shot a lot of 120gr Scenar-L in the past, and its a very accurate bullet. I like it a lot for target work. Im not sure if it resists being driven into the rifling less than the SST, and youre already getting great numbers, so sounds like you have a plan.
Ive done a bit of work with 123gr SST and 129gr SST with that powder and went much higher than what youve done.
LEVERevolution is one of the most forgiving powders for 120-130gr class cup and core bullets in 6.5 Grendel.
Your barrel length and gas system length should allow optimum balance between velocity and gas system timing.
I noticed kind of erratic and excursion-like readings once I got over 31.0gr under the 123gr SST, with departures from the trend in velocity relative to charge weight.
22 barrel
Federal brass 1x fired
1.208 headspace to datum line on mid shoulder
Rem 7.5 SRPs
LEVERevolution
COL 2.250
60 degrees F
29.8gr 2453fps
30.1gr 2465
30.4gr 2499
30.7gr 2517
31.0gr 2534
31.3gr 2596 (I would not produce these loads based on what I saw initially.)
31.6gr 2608
31.9gr 2605
32.2gr 2658
Notice the 62fps jump from 31.0 to 31.3gr. This was just a single pressure ladder to check the safety range and establish a trend line base with that bullet/brass/primer/COL combo.
If I were to test it some more, I would extend the COL out longer and probably wouldnt load past 31.2gr.
I have shot a lot of 120gr Scenar-L in the past, and its a very accurate bullet. I like it a lot for target work. Im not sure if it resists being driven into the rifling less than the SST, and youre already getting great numbers, so sounds like you have a plan.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
