08-10-2022, 12:52 PM
I have never observed any difference in accuracy between my fire formed 7.62x39 brass compared to Lapua or Hornady 6.5 Grendel brass. One caveat is I used mixed brands of x39 brass as I only had about 100-150 a friend gave me. This was early on when I bought my first 6.5 Grendel and I didnt have much 6.5 Grendel brass.
The x39 brass will work and I have a few still loaded with 85 grain Sierra Varmint to be shot hunting where I might not find my brass. Once these are shot Ill probably never reload them. Like others mentioned you get a few collapsed cases in sizing and primer pockets get loose after a couple loadings.
The x39 brass will work and I have a few still loaded with 85 grain Sierra Varmint to be shot hunting where I might not find my brass. Once these are shot Ill probably never reload them. Like others mentioned you get a few collapsed cases in sizing and primer pockets get loose after a couple loadings.

